Mohawk Industries will invest $70 million in Jackson County as part of an agreement provided to AL.com by the Alabama Department of Commerce.
The Georgia floor manufacturer will create 380 full-time jobs at its new fiber operation in the old Beaulieu America plant in Bridgeport. The permanent positions will pay an average annual salary of $35,813.
An analysis by the Alabama Department of Commerce projects the financial benefits of Project Treadstone, after accounting for incentives, will be as follows:
- Payroll: $131 million
- Net economic impact (less incentives): $12.3 million
- Return on investment: 96 percent
- Payroll: $285 million
- Net economic impact (less incentives): $30.2 million
- Return on investment: 207%
Under the Alabama Jobs Act, Mohawk will receive a 3 percent jobs credit and a 1.5 percent investment credit.
- Jobs credit: $3.9 million over 10 years
- Investment credit: $9.97 million over 10 years